A real Australian Small Business Success Story with a voice that is a fierce advocate. We welcome Tom Griffin, founder of Emma & Tom's.| Tuesday October 22
Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd from Boyd Office Management Services
Date: 22 October 2019
What better way to support small business month than to actually listen to the triumphs, failures and the journey from one of Australia’s success stories in the food & beverage industry.
Tom Griffith is not only the founder of one of Emma & Toms Foods (an all-Australian success story supporting Australian fruit, vegetable and botanical producers and use their products as often as they can) but also a fiercely outspoken advocate for all small businesses out there. He’s got power in his legacy of a great Australian company and a voice for small business we all need to hear.
Welcome to the show Tom.
Topics we’ll be covering:
Tell us about your small business journey and why you’re passionate about supporting and speaking for small business?
Who are the experts and tools you surround yourself with as you grow?
- What cash flow is tight how do you choose between the best
Advice on having with integrity
- Longevity of supply relationships
- Paying over award
- Behaving with integrity
What would you like to see Federal and State Government do to support small business better?
- Concessions around small business
- Paying taxes through our nose, no recognition through the stock market
- Capital gains concession are very successful to drive business growth in UK – why isn’t that being considered?
- Better consultation with businesses on the ground – what does that look lie?
- Supporting the sectors rather than individual businesses
Let’s talk about your sector of food & beverage and an example of where Govt supports small business…. And it backfires?
- Return and earn – what’s the impact on small business?
- new product, new batch, new bar codes, new packaging
- The whole system isn’t transparent
- Who earns it the 10c and where does it go??
- The reality this is a good example of where small business 90 days is bankrolling large business
To find out more go to their website: https://emmaandtom.com/