Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd, broadcaster, advocate and small business owner.
Date: 21 July 2020
In the world of small business, marketing strategy can seem like a long battle requiring constant tweaking and analysis. We work tirelessly to post, upload, photograph, describe, blog, video and it can sometimes seem like a waste of time.
Well, without a strategy you might very well be doing that; wasting your time!
What is important is knowing your product, knowing your clients and their customer journey as they navigate all your marketing collateral. It’s a simple strategy and a great starting point for many small businesses who may not yet have even given a strategy a thought.
Laura Prael specialises in supporting small businesses in her business LEP Digital; drawing on years of working with big corporate brands and is here to share with us her understanding of the customer journey and why this is an important piece of the strategy puzzle.
Welcome to the show Laura.
Topics we’ll be covering:
- Content marketers often refer to the customer buying journey - what is that and why is important?
- Is it literally a linear pathway from start to finish or is it more nuanced than this?
- Where does the idea of the ideal client fit into this?
- Essentially, thinking about what you’re trying to achieve; how do you want the potential customer to behave?
- Has the customer journey changed over the years - if so, how and why?
- The impact of social media, different forms of advertising
- The importance of creating brand awareness
- How can you use content marketing to support the buyer’s journey?
- Linking this back to your marketing strategy
- What are your tips for creating an effective buyer persona?
To find out more go to their website: lep.digital
About our Guest:
Laura is an accomplished copywriter and communications professional with more than 13 years of experience working in senior digital communications roles for large companies. Over her career, she’s mentored and trained more than 600 professionals in topics including writing for the web, content marketing, and building a personal brand. Today, she’s best known for founding a fast-growing award-winning digital content marketing agency, LEP Digital. The company is now in its sixth year running and employs a team of four women.
In 2018, she won the Regional Outstanding Young Entrepreneur Business Award by the NSW Business Chamber and two international Stevie® Awards for Women in Business in the Female Entrepreneur of the Year and Women-Run Workplace of the Year categories.
Her recent speaking experience includes keynote speaker at the City of Parramatta Council for International Women’s Day 2020, speaker at the Marketing to the Rural Sector Conference 2019, keynote speaker and panellist at the University of New South Wales and University of Newcastle, and private presentations for various businesses. Laura holds a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Newcastle, and a Master of Public Relations & Advertising from the University of New South Wales.