Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd from Boyd Office Management Services
Date: 26 June 2018
Ah, the end of Financial Year (otherwise known as EOFY by retailers trying to be original each and every year) can seem daunting and a little bit scary for businesses. There are accounts to reconcile, payroll and super to check and pay and of course the June BAS ever present in our bookkeeping part of our lives. But it DOESN’T have to be that difficult….
Joining us today is Michele Grisdale, a BAS Agent and Bookkeeper from Rainforest Bookkeeping; whose philosophy is “We Give You Time Back to Enjoy Life”. The is a real ambassador for the profession; believing in the importance of compliance and accuracy but balancing it with making the software we implement in our businesses actually doing the heavy lifting.
Welcome to the show Michele.
Topics we’ll be covering:
- Sole Traders and Small Businesses are critical to the growth and development of this country
- The problem they do their TAFE or education require for their skills but no one tells them how to run a business. TAFE has finally started to realise this an is now offering fully-subsidised Skills for Business Training. https://www.tafensw.edu.au/skillsforbusiness
- This is a step in the right direction and you need to be educated about how to run your business BUT it is still keeping all of the business stress reliant on you and your partner.
- Why it is much more expensive to try to do everything yourselves? If you are trying to do everything yourself or relying on a partner, how much unnecessary stress is it adding to your life
- how much are you losing trying to do everything yourself? 3 hours per week doing paperwork - how much could you be earning during that?
- how much are your relationships suffering - is it worth it? Time for data entry, filing, storage - then finding the paperwork for the accountant at tax time.
- Why using cloud systems and less paper saves us all time, money and real estate
- End of year success means starting the year off right
- Choose a Cloud-based solution and remember its not always about which one is initially cheaper
- Find a way to reduce data entry
- Do you want to grow or just find better processes to free up your time?
- Look at whether you need an employee or if its better to use subcontractors
- Do you have a pro-active accountant?
Rainforest Bookkeeping was founded because we found so many small businesses and sole traders had no time to themselves. When cloud technology came along, we had time to offer more services and better advice because we had real time data. No longer were we spending 3-4 hours a day on data entry for each client - YAY!
We can show you how to eliminate data entry and paper in your business. We can show you how to get your time back and stop discussing business all the time. We can show you how to automate many processes and eliminate double handling of every
piece of paper. We can show you how to have everything ready for your accountant all of the time and eliminate the end of quarter/year stress.
And if you want a little about me:
Originally from Virginia Beach, Virginia USA, Michele Grisdale arrived in Sydney in 1995 (22 years ago) and loved it so much she never left.
Her original background was in Marketing for an international television broadcast equipment manufacturer designing brochures, logos and trade show exhibitions. She was transferred to Sydney to get ready for the 2000 Olympics as the company had a large contract with NBC US.
In Australia she has worked in with manufacturing, import/export, logistics, food safety, e-commerce and the building industry.
She and her husband also own a hair salon on Sydney Northern Beaches so her experience with service businesses and apprentices is extensive.
Rainforest Bookkeeping's clients are small business and sole traders with Trades as a speciality. Their clients include plumbers, electricians, carpenters, shop fitters, builders, glaziers, window tinting, handyman services, Architects/Drafting, Financial Planners, Announcers, Hairdressers, Beauty Salons, Personal Trainers, Psychology Services, IT Services, Butchers, Liquor Shops, Property Maintenance & Cleaning, Property Investment; Wholesalers; Sports Professionals
Rainforest Bookkeeping is 100% Xero and 100% ReceiptBank.
- Receipt Bank
- and many more
Michele has four adult children all living in Sydney and two 1-year old kelpies. Oh, and she still only works 4-5 days per week. Work and life balance is crucial.