FinTech Success, how GoCardless grew from splitting a restaurant bill to a worldwide solution for small business| Tuesday November 19
Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd, broadcaster, advocate and small business owner.
Date: 19 November 2019
What is it about successful Fintech companies that makes their evolution so exciting and inspiring? Is it because in an industry of stale, boring business models anything new is considered innovative and so we find it fascinating? Or is it because of that fabulous term, Unicorn?
That being said, no one can argue that FinTech companies solving the problems of small business is a refreshing change to the dinosaur behaviour of Finance. Take GoCardless for example who recently launched the first global network for recurring payments. They describe it as a totally new way of collecting international payments without the hassle and admin. It means you can now collect international recurring payments through one bank account.
Here to share with us a unique journey from idea to global company is the CEO and Founder of GoCardless, Hiroki Takeuchi.
Welcome to the show Hiroki.
Topics we’ll be covering:
- Tell the listeners about your personal GoCardless journey and the problems you’re trying to solve for Small Businesses around the world
- As a Fintech company what comparisons between entering the Australian market and somewhere like the US?
- Why are payment terms such a pain point for small businesses all over the world and how do solutions like GoCardless support them?
- Why are advisors the best partners for payment services?
- What solutions are out there for cashflow problems and what has changed in the Fintech space that has made companies like GoCardless so successful in recent years?
To find out more go to their website: https://gocardless.com