Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd from Boyd Office Management Services
Date: 11 April 2017
What happens when business owners become sick? Should you soldier on or take a few days off? Also, should a two-week invoicing cycle be enforced by the government?
- High density of small business owners in the Hornsby area
- What happens when business owners become sick? Stop and think.
- Take care of yourself when you become sick - take a day off; turn phone/emails off and just rest
- You are more likely to make errors and be less productive when you are sick
- Don’t share your illness with co-workers
- Employers rarely send sick employees home
- 2-week invoicing period - never discussed in parliament
- Countries like France enforce this, and saw an increase in profitability - accelerating their economy
- Average invoice to payment time is 58 days