Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd, broadcaster, advocate and small business owner.
Date: 12 November 2019
As a small business owner we all wear many hats but there’s one hat out there, for lots of small businesses, that REALLY doesn’t fit. And that’s the bookkeeping hat.
So with the evolution of cloud accounting, AI and better data entry automation do I really need a bookkeeper? Well, last time I checked the compliance side of running a small business in Australia isn’t going away. In fact, with GST, STP, Super Regulation and Fair work mandatories, I don’t think the red tape beast is dying anytime soon. Plus do you really know HOW to get the most out of all that efficient software or should you really have some help along the way?
So who’s the best advisor to wear this compliance, data entry, regulation hat on behalf? A qualified BAS agent, that’s who. Here to tell us why is Matthew Addison, the Executive Chairman & Director, Institute of Certified Bookkeepers who has for many years been the champion of the industry and the small business champion too. Let’s find out how…
Welcome to the show Matthew.
Topics we’ll be covering:
- How has the emergence of technology affected small business’ record keeping, requirements and the way you comply with tax law when running a business
- Tell us about the role of the bookkeeper and the bookkeeping community and how it has evolved over time?
- Super compliance
- Does a good bookkeeper offer an advisory service as well as bookkeeping?
- Why is it so important for any organisation to join a professional network and association? What sort of advice and service does a good professional org offer any small business?
- What does ICB do to represent BAS Agents, bookkeepers and to life the standard of bookkeeping in Australia?
- Representing to government, regulators, policy makers, Tax Practitioners Board
- Constantly assessing the members
- Advocacy, consultation and collaborating role of ICB
- Why is a good bookkeeper in the perfect position to understand the be a great advisor for every small business?
- What do you see for the future of the BAS Agent and Bookkeeping industry?
To find out more go to their website: https://www.icb.org.au/About/Welcome