Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd, broadcaster, advocate and small business owner.
Date: 28 January 2020
One of the main hurdles to starting any business these days is a website and the whole process of going online. We all know it has to happen but it can be long and onerous and expensive if you don’t have the time or expertise to do it yourself.
It can also be daunting if you have no experience with digital marketing and a brand new idea where there are no examples to follow.
But here to help is Suzanne Mitchell, the Marketing Director from GoDaddy who will give us some inside knowledge on navigating the maze of online marketing, discuss the changing patterns of behaviour of Australian small business online and share with us some interesting facts from their recent research into a growth sector in small businesses - the disgruntled employee...
Welcome to the show Suzanne.
Topics we’ll be covering:
- The website landscape is evolving, what has GoDaddy noticed about the changing patterns of behaviour in small business in Australia over the last 5 years?
- Are entrepreneurs still “buying up” multiple domains as a form of protecting their name and IP or are they using other marketing tools to own their name?
- In your opinion are small businesses better at positioning themselves online as the experts, or do we still have more to learn from corporates?
- What are your top tips to improve the functionality of a small business website and accessing your ideal clients?
- What about the tools available to improve digital marketing?
- Tell us about the recent white paper which explored the entrepreneurial spirit of Aussie workers & what does this mean for small businesses?
- One third of workers were interested in setting up their own businesses
- Is there a correlation between this and the likelihood of these workers becoming entrepreneurs? (there was a distinct shift towards a younger demographic)
- But 62% said it was too expensive to start a new business - why do you think this was?
- What can we do to support our employees’ who are dissatisfied?
To find out more go to their website: https://au.godaddy.com/