Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd from Boyd Office Management Services
Date: 16 April 2019
We don’t often on this radio show showcase people, but this journey is worth listening to; and anyone who’s met today’s guest would agree. From refugee to army captain to sales and marketing coach.
Sales and marketing. It’s a competitive industry because potentially every single business is your client. So how do you go from being relatively unknown to being one of the most well connected, notorious, sales and marketing gurus in Sydney?
He connects people, he’s passionate and he’s outspoken.
It takes time and perseverance to get to the top of your game in the competitive Sydney scene and here to share with us this incredibly interesting journey is Edward Zia.
Welcome to the show Edward.
Topics we’ll be covering:
Sales, marketing & Entrepreneurship
It’s a flooded market - How do you differentiate yourself from those who consider themselves to be an expert after writing a couple of website blogs?
Positioning – let’s face it you are one of the most well known Sydney business celebrities – what was the turning point to get noticed and known around Sydney?
- Reflecting on how I went from the highs of mid 20’s to the low of mid 30’s (I letting myself go)
- Started attending NSW Business Chamber gave me direction, client based & support, security & stability
- Then that paved the way to become the influencer that you are today.
What do you consider an entrepreneur?
Not necessarily the size of company. It’s about the people, money means nothing. They’re ambitious, kind, generous, want to help themselves.
- Choosing your ideal client: Confidence = facts / Arrogance = ego (destructive classism)
Pulling yourself up from your bootstraps
- Your stories
- You’re honest about it, people are often forced into Entrepreneurship out of desperation because they’re lost with their career, they can’t get jobs, they’re a little bit lost.
- Part of the process is the inspiration
Self actualised after surviving – The Now What?
Knowing what you do but then extended that from achieving this job you’ve created for yourself into doing what you want to do with your life. You’ve worked out what you are good at, the business is ticking along nicely thanks to your hard work so Now What?
Becoming who you are and what you want to be deep down; once you achieve survival you can move onto that process.
- Politics – the knife’s edge of balancing your political opinion with your public profile
- Community engagement
To find out more go to their website: http://www.excellenceabove.com.au