Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd, broadcaster, advocate and small business owner.
Date: 3 March 2020
So… we’ve all probably got a bunch of smallish concerns using up valuable brain space at the moment. There’s the BAS which was completed (hopefully) only last week, the fires which ravaged many of our fellow business owners, the economy is tanking, there’s no such things as imports from China right now… oh, and a little tiny virus scaring the bejesus out of all of us.
So we brought in an expert to talk you through some practical strategies (that’s what the show is all about) to foresee, identify and mitigate the risks of this potential threat.
Welcome to the show Daniel.
Topics we’ll be covering:
- So Daniel, without creating panic and making us think too much about armageddon how can a typical small business owner break down this potential threat into strategies which are achievable and mitigate risk?
- What industries would be hardest hit in terms of the risk the virus could pose?
- What are some of the problems we need to consider?
- How do we go about prioritising these?
- If security is about mitigating risks what strategies do you suggest to lessen the risk to your business
- Breakdown into home-based businesses
- Serviced based businesses
- Is insurance a factor here, or is it too immediate a threat to be thinking of what damage might be done?
To find out more go to their website: https://www.calamity.com.au/