Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd, broadcaster, advocate and small business owner.
Date: 9 June 2020
It’s been a brand new world where we collaborate, communicate and interrelate with everyone from family members to key stakeholders in our business on a screen. Those of us who’ve moved quickly to adapt to online meetings are fine but there are probably practical things you can implement to make it a better experience for the person you’re interacting to.
From the tech you use to the background to how you present. Ask yourself, what professional impression does your audience leave with after this online encounter? Yes being online clunky and impersonal but there are tricks you can easily use to engage on a more personal level with the person sitting at the other end?
Who better than to give advice on presenting online that a professional master of Ceremonies. For years Greg Ward has been moderating the content of hundreds of events from week long conferences to round table discussions. He’s funny and entertaining but importantly he’s ENGAGING. And now with taking his own business completely online he’s here to share his secrets.
Welcome to the show Greg.
Topics we’ll be covering:
- Top strategies to improve your online meetings
- Tech - what simple devices can a small business owner use to improve their audio and visual
- Dress & background - why are these important?
- First impressions - how to introduce yourself to the attendee (waiting rooms, your name on the screen, other)
- What about taking it to the next level - is there really a difference between what you use and the typical small business owner can use?
- What has this massive change meant to your own industry - that of events?
- Adapting to online
- Is this change going to continue?
- The ongoing impact to small business community not being able to learn, participate and network at events in the near future.
To find out more go to their website: www.gregwardspeaker.com
How you present yourself on screen has a significant impact on the effect you wish to achieve – and in this brave new world, the truth is, you don’t know, what you don’t know. With the move to working from home, and with the challenges of effective remote connection, Greg Ward (Vice-President Professional Speakers Association NZ, MC of the Year, Entertainer of the Year, World Class Speaker Awardee, ) wants you to know what he knows: That with a few simple modifications to your physical environment and online setup, and a focus on how you sound and appear on camera, you can make a profound impact in how you and your message is perceived.
Bio: With more than 20 years at the forefront of conferences and events, Greg Ward is a keynote speaker, virtual & live event MC and in-demand corporate performer.