Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd, broadcaster, advocate and small business owner.
Date: 17 March 2020
The concept of Leadership is a bit topical … but for all the wrong reasons in the current climate. But focussing ourselves back on small business owners being life-long learners, let’s learn about how to develop leadership skills.
So what does it mean to be a real leader in your small business? Is it possible to learn these practical skills quickly or does it take years of real-life experience in order to lead from the front?
Who better to ask for advice than the CEO of the Leadership Institute, Dana Lightbody. The institute’s aim is to create a singular point of contact for all leaders, regardless of industry. It can be lonely at the top but regardless of what industry you are in; leadership is universal.
Welcome to the show Dana.
Topics we’ll be covering:
- How do you define true leadership?
- Tell the listeners about your career journey and why you’re passionate about supporting women in leadership positions?
- In terms of leadership do you think a gender gap exists in reality or is it more of a hangover from the 1990s?
- What do you think it takes in the current climate to become a true leader?
- practical strategies to improve your leadership skill set for both small businesses and corporate
- Is the evolution a slow one or does it take an opportunity to present itself which you grab onto and run with it?
(Dana to include stats when talking through these points.
- Talk about the upcoming Empowered Woman event on 26 March 2020.
To find out more go to their website: https://www.theleadershipinstitute.com.au/