What's better than a great small business podcast? TWO! With special guest Dan & Tim from Two Drunk Accountants| Tuesday September 8
Small Biz Matters – #175 Providing the small business community with educational content and advocacy since 2014
with Alexi Boyd, broadcaster, advocate and small business owner.
Date: 8 September 2020
What could possibly be better than one small business educational podcasts? Two!!
Dan Osborne and Tim Garth from Two Drunk Accountants started their podcast a few years ago when they realised that accountants have a lot to give and talk about when it comes to their industry and small business education. Coupled with excellent commentary on the financial services sector and a generally good vibe, this podcast is highly recommended by yours truly.
So... what brings these like-minded vocal entrepreneurs together? Advocacy !
You see, just like Small Biz Matters, 2 Drunk Accountants do it out of a passion to deliver great advocacy for small business and excellent content when it was lacking for years. But there are a lot of companies and business leaders out there who do advocacy for other reasons.
It is time we asked the question: Who has a seat at the table? And who really represents small business when key policies that affect your ability to function, are decided?
Welcome to the show Dan & Tim!
Topics we’ll be covering:
- So, tell us a little about the podcast Two Drunk Accountants and why you started it in the first place?
- What sort of guests and topics do you cover?
- Let’s talk Advocacy - what do organisations like the business chambers actually do for small business?
- Who in your opinion can we trust?
- Who you get contact to help make changes as a business owner
- A big question “who’s is in the room” when those decisions which impact every facet of your business, are legislated?
- Roundtables and presentations - who speaks for small business?
- What sort of lobbyists make up small business?
- Inequities in small business loans. Many small businesses are cashflowing their businesses with credit cards @20% as opposed to big business being able to get bank loans more easily.
To find out more go to their website: https://www.facebook.com/twodrunkpodcast/
About our Guest:
The Two Drunk Accountants is a weekly small business podcast that dispels the myths and mysteries of running a small business over a lovely beverage. Hosts Dan Osborne and Tim Garth are accountants based on the Central Coast on a quest to support, teach and help grow small businesses. On a daily bases this happens through their accounting firm CATS Accountants but once a week they get together and tackle hot topics like business planning and jobkeeper, interview guests in the industry and provides plenty of banter along the way.